Vacancy: Internal Communications Specialist
Royal Boon Edam International is a Dutch privately owned business, in existence for over 140 years, with annual revenues of €175m, employing over 1300 staff, operating as a worldwide organization manufacturing, supplying, installing, and servicing revolving doors and security barriers. The company has production facilities in each of the three main geographic regions of EMEA, America and Asia Pacific supported by our sales subsidiary companies together with a global network of distributors.
Due to the continuing growth of the Group, Royal Boon Edam International is looking for an Internal Communications Specialist
As an Internal Communications Specialist you are responsible for effective communications among participants within the Boon Edam Group. As a new role within the organization, you will make the first steps to encourage transparent information sharing using the most up to date tools and technologies. You will fill a critical and visible need to professionalise internal communications within the Boon Edam Group, reaching out to Boon Edam participants across 22 subsidiary companies globally.
Positioned within the international marketing team, based at the company’s headquarter in Edam, you will be the first point of contact for internal communications with a specialist profile, coordinating and facilitating role within the company.
In this role you will ensure the communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organisation’s strategic vision. You are responsible for the project management of communication projects such as the staff magazine, e-newsletters, SharePoint and information screens. You work closely with internal team members to develop content when required. You will be setting up and chairing an internal editorial board and proactively advise the internal organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Communications, Business, English, Marketing, Journalism or related field;
- 5+ years professional experience in internal communications and/or marketing communications, preferably in high-technology;
- Superior written, verbal and visual communication skills, and a strong balance of creative and analytical skills;
- Strong project management skills and experience;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across multi-functional departments, teams and geographical areas;
- A friendly and approachable personality, able to act with integrity and to act professional in a high pressure environment
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic, driven, positive and can-do attitude;
- Problem solving and issue management skills, a keen eye for business and an open mind;
- Passion for communications and eagerness to grow in the field;
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and able to manage priorities well;
- Ability to quickly get an understanding of the organization, and establish own network within the company;
- Demonstrated expertise writing for web and print with strong skills in Adobe Suite, HTML, SharePoint, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, both in Dutch and English.
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above? Then we gladly invite you to apply for this role. If you need more information, please contact Michelle Wortel, Group Marketing Manager, telephone: 06-21278319. If you would like to apply, please submit your online application in English to Isabelle Schoorl, HR Advisor, before the closing date on June 5th, 2019 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.